14 April 2008

Holy Superhero Fabric, Batman!

Since I can't think of much to say and don't have a lot of progress on projects I'm doing, here's an old project that I haven't shown anyone yet. My friend Bill who lives in Las Vegas (I like to call him "Las Vegas Bill", I think it has a ring to it) loves Batman. He also loves using the kitchen, usually for good and occasionally for evil. I found this awesome non-cartoony Batman fabric and decided to make him an apron! It came out so cool that I almost didn't give it to him!



You see there's one pot holder there... even though I went through the process of making three (I had intended to give him two). I had a little trouble with the scissors, as Charlie Brown would say. (Or actually, I had a little trouble with the bias tape.) I also haven't ever really quilted anything before, and since I'm self-taught in sewing, I had no idea what I was doing and the pieces weren't exactly lined up. I was just going along and learning all the while. Ha ha! I couldn't decide which should be the front on the apron, and while I personally preferred the yellow pocket on black, I felt like the poor yellow fabric was being covered up (it is pretty awesome, after all). So I made it reversible so Bill can wear it however he likes. He says he hasn't worn it yet -- he's afraid to get it dirty! D'oh!

2 comments:

The Jensen Fam said...

Awesome job on the sewing!! Looks great and I'm sure your friend will love cooking in his new attire!

The Sixth of September said...

Thanks Katie! :) I think he will too!